Thanks to John Martone over at AnimeVice, I’ve been spending a bit too much time online the last couple of days playing this awesome Gundam flash game. It’s pretty fun. The game is a fighting game that pits the actual pilots in combat instead of the traditional mobile suits. However, the pilots use several of their signature moves they usually use in and out of a mobile suit.
The characters mostly come from the UC Gundam series, the SEED series and Gundam 00. Also safari Relena from Gundam Wing. There are unlockables that I haven’t figured out how to unlock. If anyone figures that out, tell me. I’m hoping for a Bright and a Judau.
The modes of game play given in the menu are:
- Arcade – Basic choose a character and fight. It’s the usual best two out of three rounds.
- Team Battle – 3 on 3. Choose three characters to fight with.
- Survival – New character pops up right after you defeat on. Keep fighting until you fall. You can choose to fight one or two at a time.
- Training – Pick your character, the opponent and the setting.
- Story – Play through someone’s story mode. Have fun trying to figure out the plot.
The combat controls are also pretty simple.
- Left and Right Arrows – Move left or fight.
- Up Arrow – Jump.
- Down Arrow – Block.
- A, S, D, F – Attack buttons. F is your max attack, which you can use once the blue gauge fills during combat. You can also use these in combination with the Arrow buttons for some other attacks. Try it out and see what you come up with.
Give the game a try and see how you do. It’s not too difficult, and it’s fun to see random Gundam characters in wacky fights. Also, you get to play as a murderous Haro with a beam saber and beam rifle.